We are looking for a financial management expert with accounting skills to join us. Come and build Europe’s most advanced film studio and holiday center in Northern Finland with us.
We’re looking for an accountant for our own construction accounting needs. Our long-term plan is launching a full-service accounting office, where you can actively develop your skills, especially in film studio operations, holiday center and real estate business. Your duties include tasks related to monthly accounting and payroll. We expect you to be are familiar with the twists and turns of double-entry bookkeeping and value added taxation. We hope you had have time to gain experience in preparing financial statements as well.
Sotkamo’s beautiful landscapes offer opportunities for versatile activities and relaxation both indoors and outdoors while enjoying all four seasons. Our vision is that you’d be able to work mainly on-site in Sotkamo during the agreed time period. We have high-level partners around Finland and clients in Europe and North America. Our work community is known for its reliability, non-existent hierarchy and the best colleagues to work and be around with.
You can largely decide the weight of your workload, however, making sure that the tasks will be handled within the deadlines required by reporting. We do not encourage doing work overtime for long periods, and they are not necessary, if the tasks are handled with care already while preparing for them.
The accountant / financial management professional we are looking for:
You already have several years of practical experience in accounting, either in an accounting office or working in a company. You can handle the accounting and financial statements of different types of companies. Ideally, you’d also already have experience in accounting related to construction and real estate. We will help you on your career path to become an expert in financial management and a supervisor in the studio operations, construction and real estate industries. Maybe one day you will run a specialized accounting service with us as well?
- At least 3 years of independent accounting experience, preferably in the field of construction and real estate
- Applicable financial administration training
- Ability to prepare financial statements independently
- Extensive understanding of accounting related to construction and real estate and independent problem solving ability
- Interest in developing digital, efficient accounting methods
- Accuracy and understanding of numbers and a customer-oriented way of thinking
- Efficient, precise and self-initiated approach to work
- Flexibility, pressure tolerance and staying on schedule
- Interest in developing your knowledge and skills in both bookkeeping and acting as a supervisor
- Fluent Finnish language skills (English language skills are considered an advantage as we have international film productions)
- Knowledge of accounting related to construction and property management, from financial statements to taxation (experience in the film industry is also considered an advantage, but not necessary)
- Good IT skills, especially Excel, accounting softwares, and fluent writing skills
The job description is shaped according to your interests and the needs of our organization. This role includes a wide range of things included in accounting such as:
- Making monthly accounting, recording periodizations
- Preparation and processing of payment materials
- Accounting of budgets of several tens of millions of euros
- Checking the correctness of accounting and value added taxes
- Reconciliation and reporting of value added taxes
- Fixed asset accounting
- Authority reporting
- Organization of audits
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns
- Payroll, management of expense and travel invoices
- Annual budgeting and budgeting of construction projects
- Financial advice, e.g. from an accounting and tax point of view
- Introduction and application to the accounting fields of construction, real estate management and film industry
- The opportunity to make an impact - we value your expertise and want to hear your ideas!
Are you interested in this interesting and in a good way challenging job as an accountant in the construction, real estate, vacation and film industries? Send your resume and application with salary expectations by email to email@example.com, as we process applications as they arrive. The next step is to talk more about you and your skills and career aspirations.
The starting date is as soon as possible, but we can be flexible according to your situation. This is a full-time job. Trial period is applicable. Your work will start flexibly, ideally as soon as possible!