Everyman’s Right allows you to film most places. There are few exceptions though. Filming on private property requires a permit either from the owner or from city authorities. Permit costs are usually very low.


A permit from the police is needed if filming requires special traffic arrangements (i.e. re-routing or stopping traffic).


We’re happy to help you if you do need a film permit.

Absolutely! You can apply for a 25% cash rebate. This covers both above and below-the-line production costs, as well as the post-production.

Read more about cash rebate here >

Citizens of EU Member States enjoy free and unhindered passage to Finland. In accordance with the Schengen agreement, country passport holders do not need a visa to visit Finland. More information is available from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. 

The right to perform gainful employment in Finland is determined according to citizenship.

It is the employer’s obligation to ensure that a foreign citizen entering service and employment has the required worker’s residence permit or that the foreign citizen does not need a residence permit.

EU/ETA citizens are entitled to work in Finland without a worker’s residence permit. Citizens of countries outside the EEA are usually required to have a worker’s residence permit. More information is available from the Employment and Economic Development Office >

Finnish and Swedish are the official languages in Finland, but most of our staff are fluent in English too. 

EU drone regulations apply in Finland, and a new set of regulations was implemented at the beginning of 2021.

More information here >

The fastest way to reach Vuokatti area from Helsinki area is naturally by plane. DAT operated flights from Helsinki HEL to Kajaani KAJ take around 1 hour 20 min. Browse the flights here >

The airport in the city of Kajaani is situated 40 km away from Vuokatti so you’ll also need some form of transport from Kajaani to Vuokatti area.

The nearest train station is located in Kajaani. Daily, several trains arrive from different destination, and most of them conveniently correspond with the local bus timetables. Renting a car or taking a taxi from the train station is also an option.

In Finland, cars drive on the right side of the road, as in rest of Europe, the US and most of Asia. For shooting purposes it is possible to close most roads for limited periods to enable cars to drive on the reverse side of the road.

In Finland the power plug sockets are of type F. The standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz.

There are no restrictions on the movement of personnel and goods within the EU. If you are planning on bringing equipment in from outside the EU, the ATA carnet system would be the best approach. The ATA carnet, also known as the merchandise passport, is an internationally-recognised customs document that allows goods to move into foreign markets free of duty and tax. It is recognised in 85 countries and territories and, as an EU member, Finland is part of the system.


You could also consider equipment rental.

The local currency is Euro (€)


See the convert rate here >

Sustainability is a respected value in Finland, and at Kajawood Studios too. We encourage crews to execute in a sustainable way, taking care of environment, economy and people equally. We can also provide the carbon footprint calculator "Albert" for your production.

Read more about our Environmental Policy here >

Not at all! Finnish summer can be warm and beautiful.


Summer is usually from June until August; Autumn from August until October; Winter from November until March; and Spring from April until May. However, since Finland is a somewhat long country, the climate varies between regions.


You can experience temperatures as low as -30 Celsius during the winter months though.